Overnewton castle was built by William Taylor in 1849. The Scotsman bought 13,000 acres of rich grazing land just west of the Keilor township. Taylor built a simple single story bluestone colonial style homestead. This consisted of 6 rooms with large shuttered windows and wide verandahs. The homestead was positioned on a gentle slope overlooking Keilor and afforded extensive views of the surrounding countryside.
Book a High Tea with Overnewton Castle and get another one for FREE!!